Monday, March 23, 2009

Row Row Row your Boat


Neither my mother or I have ever been known for our athletic adventures. We are both people that like to encourage others to do it, and are happy watching. For some reason one day my mother and I decided to climb into a row boat and explore the lake that wondered thru the neighborhood.

It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. Then my mother in her wisdom said that we should turn around and head home. Well the wind was no longer going along with us and we soon found out that we hadn't really been rowing at all, until now...

We were rowing, and it was hard. We didn't know if we were going to make it.

As I have hit mid life I think about how much harder the second half of our journey was in that boat that day and how we wanted to give up at times but we couldn't. We made it by working together, encouraging each other , and laughing a lot.

The storms of life make it hard to move forward sometimes and yet thanks to my mom and a little boat I know now how to get thru.

No comments:

Post a Comment