Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bed Bugs


I have a curse that has been given to me, and over the years I have blamed many people for it. I go to sleep just fine, but some time between the hours of 2am and 4am my eyes pop open and my mind starts racing.

For years I have blamed my heritage. I come from a long line of worriers and so I have just seen it as my destiny.

As my children grew, I blamed it on them. They seemed to be the ones I worried about the most so it only stands to reason that they are to blame. Now, after hours of therapy I realize it is all my mother's fault....are you shocked?

Oh, I have a wonderful mother. One that would do anything for me. When I was young she would lovingly say prayers with me and kiss me and tuck me into bed. Then right before she would shut the door she would say in the sweetest voice....

"Good night, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite."

Now if you don't believe I have reason to think my mother must have some deep underlying feelings for me, I ask you...next time your husband makes you mad during the day don't yell, just wait. Then right before he closes his eyes say....."Oh did I tell you about all the spiders I found in the bed this morning when I made it? Never mind, I'll tell you about it in the morning, good night."

Yep, I'm convinced mom was all about revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment